Here’s a simple procedure for working with your engineer to get your foundation (no matter how big or small) inspected & certified so the “City” will give you your “Certificate of Occupancy” and close your project:
- Find a Structural Engineer who performs Structural Inspections (Yes, we perform Structural Inspections!).
- Hire the Engineer before your pour concrete if possible.
- If you do not have a foundation design, get one. You’ll probably save some money in the long run.
- Email your foundation sketch to the Engineer (if you do not have a drawing or sketch, that’s OK, but if the engineer gets to your site and determines the foundation violates code, the engineer must make a repeat inspection for added fees).
- Schedule your engineer to inspect your foundation (big or small).
- Request the engineer to provide you with the “Standard Engineer Letter” and send it to Development Services so you can get your “Certificate of Occupancy” and close your permit.
or, just give us a call and we’ll put you on the schedule: